MGA 2013 Rules of Play
How to Sign Up for a Tournament
1. Chelsea System: To sign up for MGA events, use either a POA Computer located in the Pro Shops or a personal computer via the "Chelsea System” -- Select "League” and "Add a League Sign up.”
2. Tournament Days: Groups 3, 4 and Gold play on Mondays. Groups 1, 2 and Scratch play on Tuesdays. The season beginning Handicap Index of 13.0 will determine play for either Group 3 on Monday or Group 2 on Tuesday. This index break point is subject to change during the season to balance the number of players on each day.
3. When to Sign up: Players in all groups may sign up beginning on the Wednesday two weeks prior to the tournament play days and continuing until 4:30 pm on the Tuesday one week prior. Contact the Group Tournament Director to sign up after the deadline.
4. Match Play: Limited to 11 flights, 16 per flight. Sign up for MGA Match Play will be available earlier, at least a month in advance of the first Match Play Tournament in May.
5. Pairings: Tournament pairings and tee times will be available on Chelsea and the MGA 18 website by Thursday prior to the event. Also, normal Chelsea email tee time confirmations will occur.
6. Tournament Directors: The Group Tournament Directors (TDs) are volunteers trying to do their best. Please treat them accordingly. Due to unforeseen changes, the TDs listed in the annual directory may be wrong. The MGA website is the best source for the correct group Tournament Directors.
7. Tournament Limits: Each tournament (except Match Play) is limited to 80 players per group. If unable to sign up, contact your Group Tournament Director to be placed on a waiting list.
8. Cancellations: To cancel prior to the sign up deadline, use the "Chelsea System”. To cancel after the deadline, contact your Group Tournament Director. (DO NOT CALL THE PRO SHOP).
9. Tournament Results: Final results of each tournament will be posted on the MGA 18 Website within two weeks following the event.
10. Prize Money: All prize money will be pro shop merchandise credits posted to your POA account within two weeks after each tournament.
1. Team Captain: The designated team captain of each foursome is responsible for posting scores at the end of play for all members in his foursome. This includes all tournaments where everyone plays their own ball i.e., individual and group best ball formats.
2. Preferred Lies: All scores must be posted even if the ball was played up.
3. Adjusted Scores: Posted scores must be adjusted for handicap purposes according to the USGA GHIN System Equitable Stroke Control chart below.
USGA GHIN System Equitable Stroke Control (ESC)
Maintain the Pace of Play
Local Rules of Golf for MGA Play
8. Multiple Indexes: If a player has more than one index, i.e., one at Diamante and one in the GHIN system, consult the Tournament Director to resolve the issue.
Rain Out Policy
1. Tournament Day: Every effort will be made to complete each tournament. If in doubt about the weather the day of an event, check the HSVPOA website golf course conditions page or call the Pro Shop an hour prior to your tee time for status.
2. Delays: Rain is not necessarily a reason to cancel play. Players are encouraged to continue play during periods of light rain or intermittent showers. Delaying on the course for short times is permitted. If anticipate longer delays, or if there is lightning, mark your ball location and return to the club house for a determination by each Group Tournament Director whether play will continue or not.
3. Continue Play: If play is continued by the Group Tournament Director, players must complete their entire round to be eligible for prize money.
4. Discontinue Play: If play is discontinued by the Group Tournament Director, and the entire Group has completed at least 9 holes, prize money for that Group will be awarded based on 9-hole scores.
5. Cancelation: No prize money will be awarded if all Group players did not complete at least 9 holes.
Match Play Tournament
Special Group Rules